The PROTECT Trial for IgAN Patients
A Study of the Effect and Safety of Sparsentan in the Treatment of Patients With IgA Nephropathy
This study will be a randomized, active-control study that will help to determine if Sparsentan is effective at improving symptoms of IgAN.
Trial for people with
IgA Nephropathy (IgAN)
To evaluate the potential benefit of Sparsentan on kidney function by analyzing change in proteinuria (protein in urine) and estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) as compared to current standard treatment.
What is involved for the Patient?
Patients will take a daily dose of the study medication, and will be involved with the trial for about 2 years.
About the drug or intervention
Sparsentan is a tablet taken orally.
- Study CoordinatorKa Shun Samuel Fung
- Study Coordinator Emailfungks@ha.org.hk
- Study Coordinator Phone(+852) 2990 3429
- Site NamePrincess Margaret Hospital
- AddressRm 18, 4/F, Block K, Princess Margaret Hospital, 2-10 Princess Margaret Hospital Road, Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- SponsorRetrophin, Inc.
- Study DrugSparsentan
- Estimated enrollment280
- Estimated end dateApril 2023