The PROTECT Trial for IgAN Patients
A Study of the Effect and Safety of Sparsentan in the Treatment of Patients With IgA Nephropathy
This study will be a randomized, active-control study that will help to determine if Sparsentan is effective at improving symptoms of IgAN.
Trial for people with
IgA Nephropathy (IgAN)
To evaluate the potential benefit of Sparsentan on kidney function by analyzing change in proteinuria (protein in urine) and estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) as compared to current standard treatment.
What is involved for the Patient?
Patients will take a daily dose of the study medication, and will be involved with the trial for about 2 years.
About the drug or intervention
Sparsentan is a tablet taken orally.
- Study CoordinatorDong-Wan Chae
- Study Coordinator Emailcdw1302@snubh.org
- Study Coordinator Phone(+82) 10 5251 1449
- Site NameSeoul National University Bundang Hospital
- AddressHemodialysis Unit, 3rd Floor, Building 1 82, Gumi-ro 173 Beon-gil Bundang-gu Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, 13620 Korea
- SponsorRetrophin, Inc.
- Study DrugSparsentan
- Estimated enrollment280
- Estimated end dateApril 2023