The DUPLEX FSGS Study
Study of Sparsentan in FSGS (DUPLEX)
This clinical trial will determine the effectiveness of Sparsentan at reducing proteinuria in patients with primary FSGS.
Trial for people with
Primary focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS)
To determine if sparsentan is works better than irbesartan at reducing proteinuria and reducing the rate of kidney damage caused by FSGS.
What is involved for the Patient?
Eligible participants will need to visit the study location 17 times. There will also be times they need to speak by telephone to study team personnel at the study location. The study will last 2 years and 3 months.
About the drug or intervention
Sparsentan is a dual-acting angiotensin receptor blocker and endothelin receptor antagonist.
- Study CoordinatorApril Mullis
- Study Coordinator Emailskhcma16@gmail.com
- Study Coordinator Phone(256) 766-1401
- Site NameShoals Kidney and Hypertension Center
- Address422 E Dr. Hicks Boulevard, Suite A
- SponsorRetrophin, Inc.
- Study DrugSparsentan
- Estimated enrollment300
- Estimated end dateDecember, 2022